Nova Tyres Warranty Policy
Should you discover a manufacturer’s fault after the purchase we will replace your tyre free of charge.
If the tyre tread is worn more than 10%, Nova Tyres will replace the tyre on a pro rata basis (for example, if a tyre is 40% worn, Nova Tyres will cover 60% of the cost of a replacement tyre while you will only pay 40% of the cost). Any claims on tyres when received has to be reported to us with in 7 day(s) of fitment or pickup.
Cancellation, Returns and Refund
We do not accept any returns after 14 days from invoice.
Any cancellations will incurr a 25%-40% restocking fee, Freight charges are NON refundable if products have been sent, all freight is paid by the customer.
Any special order products can not be returned.
On Road Legality
Nova Tyres is not liable for any legal issues that may arise with the purchase and installation of wheels and / or tyres.
When the wheels and tyres on a car are changed, this can alter its legality on the road. It is the vehicle owners’ responsibility to contact relevant road and traffic authorities prior to the modifications being undertaken to see if they are permitted.
The additional warranty set out above does not extend to Tyres which become defective as a result of:
– Road hazard damage, such as impact damage or puncture, whether repairable or not;
– Incorrect mounting of the Tyre;
– Improper storage of the Tyre;
– Under-inflation, over-inflation, improper maintenance, improper repair or other abuse;
– Mechanical irregularity in the vehicle, including, without limitation, tyre/wheel imbalance or wheel misalignment, which results in uneven or rapid wear;
– Being fitted to or used with incompatible or improper valves, rims or wheels;
– Being fitted to vehicles which are carrying loads or running speeds higher than that recommended for the vehicle;
– Not being fitted or used in accordance with the technical recommendations of the manufacturer as published from time to time;
– Accident, fire, chemical explosion or exposure, tyre alteration (e.g. retreading) or vandalism; or
– Climatic effects, such as damage caused by salt water or sand.
How To Make A Warranty Claim
Before making a claim, please read the following:
You may make a claim if a tyre becomes defective within the terms of this warranty at any time during the above-described warranty period.
You will need to supply your order number, name, email address, contact number, the number of tyres affected, complete description of the alleged defect and photos of the tyre evidencing the alleged defect and any additional evidence that you may have.
Once a claim has been made, your claim will be reviewed and an outcome will be provided within five working days. If your claim requires a physical inspection, we will contact you to organise this.
If the fault of the tyre(s) is due to the manufacturing faul we will contact you to arrange replacements that will include re-fitment at no additional charge to you or a refund of the faulty tyre(s).
If you have taken the tyres to a Vehicle/Tyre Specialist outside of the our network and/or do not have the tyres in your possession, we will not be able to continue with your claim and it will be closed.
Warranty claims can be addressed to our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.